e107 Wiki: English | Русский | Deutsch | Français | Magyar | Português | Български | Česky | Nederlands | Ελληνικά | Italiano | Norske | Polska | Slovenščina | Español | Svenska | Translate: Wiki | Page
e107 Admin Area Glossary
Admin Area The main administration control panel.
Settings - e107 System Settings
- Cache - Cache System for improving site performance and reducing bandwidth usage
- Emoticons - "Smiley" management
- Front Page - Set the default page for your visitor types
- Images - Settings and controls for managing images on the website
- Languages - Maintains, installs and exports languages
- Meta Tags - Sets general meta tags at the site and news level only
- Preferences - core system preferences
- Site Information - Name, Description, Contact & Disclaimer Details
- Display Information - Controls display of basic performance information
- Admin Display Options - Controls display of basic plugin information for Admin
- Date Display Options - Date Format and Server Timezone / Offset settings
- User Registration/Posting - Enable Registrations & controls username and password policies
- Signup Page Options - Agreement Text, Required Fields
- Text Rendering - Link Behaviour, Wrapping, Code Posting Permissions, WYSIWYG vs BBCode selection, Previous/Next Style
- Security and Protection - SSL, Image Code Verify - Humanity Checker, Tracking Method, Profanity Filter, Flood and Ban Protection
- Comments and Posting - Comment system settings
- Advanced Features - Developer/Debug, GZIP output, Check for Set Alt Auth Method, e107 updates
- Search - Controls behaviour of the site search facility
- Site Links - Manages your Main Navigation Links
Users - e107 User Management Area
- Admin Password - Set your Adminstrator Password
- Administrators - Manage Access Levels of your users set as administrators (Make User Admin first via Users)
- Banning - Manage, add and remove user and IP bans on your site.
- Extended Fields - Manage Extra-User-Profile Fields
- Mail - System email settings and sends out mass emails to site members.
- User Classes - Manages User Classes
- Users - Manages Users.
Content - e107 Primary Content Administration Area
- Banners - Manages Advertising Banner / Rotation / Client/Affiliate Management.
- Custom Content Overview - Creates and manages Web Pages & Menu Boxes
- Downloads - Manage your files for visitor downloading
- Menus - Manages the displayed Menu Boxes created in Custom Menus and supplied by core and other plugins
- News - Maintains your websites news publishing
- Public Uploads - Settings to control the upload of user content (files upload for the Downloads plugin)
- Welcome Message - Sets up Welcome Messages for different types of users - often used to hold your website entry page - helps SEO.
Tools - e107 System Maintenance and Security Toolset
- Maintenance Flag - Controls access to your site - i.e. site-down.
- File Inspector - Tool for verifying your e107 installation - useful to tracking installation and security problems
- Database - Database management tools
- File Manager - Maintains user uploaded files (Downloads and Images for News and Content).
- Notify - Sends Messages to your users
- PHP Info - Describes your webhost environment
- Theme Manager - Allows you to change your Website Look and Feel
Plugins - e107's Plugin Management System - Used for Installing and Maintaining Core and Third Party Apps.
Core Plugins - Plugins Provided by the e107 core development team
- Alternate authentication - Provides facility to use other User Databases, such as Single Sign On, Another e107 site & LDAP
- Content Management - e107's VERY Powerful Document Publishing System - steep learning curve!!!
- Event Calendar - A simple Calendar or comprehensive Event Management System
- Forum - e107 Internet Forum System - many good features which are comparable with the best
- Google sitemap - Plugin to enable Google to Index your site more easily
- Integrity check - Checks the viability/health/compatibility of other Plugins
- Links Page - Link Management System for maintaining your fully categorised links to other websites
- LinkWords - Enable automated links to appear when specific words are entered on the system
- List - Provides a listing of what's new on the website, fully configurable to compatible content and plugins
- New forum posts - Menu to display a listing of new threads posted in the forum
- Newsfeed - RSS reader for importing syndicated content
- Newsletter - Manages and sends out News letters to your subscribers
- PDF - Provides the visitor with the ability to download your webpages in portable document format
- Poll - Manages site level visitor opinion polls also compatible with the forum Plugin
- Private Messenger - enables messages to be exchanged between your site members, extensive configuration options for fine control
- RSS - Syndicates your compatible content for others to use your content on their external website, news reader or other media enable devices
- Statistic logging - Website Statistics recording for your e107 content, useful for where your webhost tools are inadequate
- Trackback - Version History Viewer for News Items
- Admin Menu - Quick Access Combo-box for the front end to enable direct access to Accessible Admin Tools
- Banner Menu - Used for the placement of your banner campaigns
- Blog Calendar Menu - Displays your historic news items in a mini-calendar format
- Calendar Menu - Displays future events in a similar mini-calendar
- Chatbox Menu - Enables logged in users to chat directly in real time
- Clock Menu - Displays a Clock
- Comment Menu - Displays recent Comments
- Compliance Menu - Displays W3 Compliance Logos
- Content Menu - Provides a menus for each category created in the Content Management Plugin
- Counter Menu - Displays a website visitor menu - requires Stats Log Plugin enabled
- Feature Box - Short messages can be displayed in rotation
- Last Seen Menu - Lists recent visitors to your site
- Login Menu - Provides the ability for user to login, request new password and to sign up.
- Online Extended Menu - Displays active visitors and various stats
- Online Menu - Simpler version of the above
- Other News Menu - Provides two menus which display other news and other news 2 - when selected in the News Display style
- Powered By Menu - e107 image and link if you want to link back to us!
- RSS Menu - Displays summary of Syndication feeds you are subscribed to receive
- Search Menu - Provides site search facility
- Site Button Menu - For your link-to-us feature
- Tree Menu - Popular alternative Site Links Menu, with support for expanding sub-menu-items
- User Language Menu - Enables visitors to switch site language
- User Theme Menu - Enables members to change site theme individually
e107 Theme Design Glossary
A theme is a package of files used to control the look and feel of your e107 website.
- theme.php - provides the main container layout for your pages
- style.css - supports theme.php with style information for the elements used in your theme design
- Theme Information Variables - Where you store the details of the theme for display in the the Theme Manager
- Shortcodes - Codes used to easily include pre-formatted e107 content.
- Templates - Finer level control of e107 features
e107 Plugin & Developer Glossary